2 covering that is folded over to protect the contents
- Rhymes: -əʊldə(r)
- An organizer that papers are kept in, usually with an index
tab, to be stored as a single unit in a filing cabinet.
- I keep all my schoolwork in a yellow folder.
- In the context of "Computing": : a logical directory that
contains computer files.
- My essays are in the folder marked "Essays"
- A machine or person who folds things.
directory on a computer
person who folds things
The term folder can refer to several different things:
folder in Persian: پوشه
folder in German: Ordner
folder in Spanish: Carpeta
folder in Dutch: Map
folder in Japanese: フォルダ
folder in Korean: 폴더
folder in Russian: Папка (значения)
folder in Finnish: Mappi
folder in Chinese: 文件夹